I have heard this argument many times. Nick Bostrom explains beautifully why one shouldn’t think one can just pull the plug on an artificial superintelligence.
Soon. 🙂 Photo by Balázs Bergics (click on it to enlarge).
My colleague Thomas Auzinger was hired by IST Austria, a research facility in a building that used to be an asylum. We got him a fitting present. 🙂
What a busy week this has been! I was able to get following done:
- 13 hours of traveling on Monday,
- attended to our institute’s group photo,
- reviewed 2 papers (the second is almost done),
- audio engineered and cut together 10 videos of our rendering course,
- drawn figures for our SIGGRAPH ASIA submission,
- held meetings with my students,
- prepared part of our new interview.
And I still have this Friday left! Feeling great and it’s getting better. 🙂